Top Five Fun Things To Do in New Mexico By Jerry Diggins
Hi my name is Jerry and I had the pleasure to experience New Mexico first hand while on a 9 month assignment. I have been asked to list 5 fun things to do in New Mexico, please understand there is so much to do and experience if you have the time.
5. If you’re a fan of Hot Air Balloons the Albuquerque Balloon Festival is a must. Driving to work early in the morning and seeing a hundred or more bright colored balloons of all shapes and sizes is enough to bring the kid out in all of you. Every year hundreds of balloonist flock to Albuquerque to take flight for 1 week to color the sky with massive balloons. Such a sight to see the beauty of these wonderful balloons in flight.
4. Salsa Fiesta is a pleasant experience to listen, dance and eat some of the hottest Salsa known to man. People of all ages and race enjoy a fun filled day of Latin Dancers dancing to the likes of Ryan Montano and the Salsa All Stars. After trying some hot salsa and washing it down with an ice cold beer feel free to join in to some awesome Salsa dancing with the live bands playing and plenty of room to dance your face off. Yes I was one of those people that was a dancing fool.
3. Take me to the ballpark. What’s more American then apple pie like baseball? Isotopes Baseball is a great place to see some up and coming stars to the game. Nothing like a night game after a long day’s work.
2. Just a short drive from Albuquerque is Santa Fe a must if you want to experience the beauty of The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. This lovely Cathedral is well complimented with nearby statues and stunning stained-glass.
1. A lot of thought went into this one and if you a Breaking Bad fan like me take the tour in an old RV like Walter and Jesse. Stop by the Candy Lady and pick up some blue crystal meth candy. If the owner likes you like she did myself she will take you into the candy room where it’s made. Put on Walters hat and glasses and cook it up.
Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with you and always remember life is short enjoy each day as if it were your last.